Burkard Tanuck 40 Camera Backpack -- BLACK
Versatility, customization, and durability come together in the Tanuck 40 backpack. Whether you’re headed out on a photo shoot, venturing on a day hike, traveling on planes, or simply taking a day at the beach, the rucksack adapts to every adventure. Combine the camera bag with the T.A.N. Series Kit Cubes and Tanack 10 lumbar pack to create a custom carry system that fits your personal shooting and travel style.
Inspired by a climbing haul bag, the weather resistant base panel allows the camera bag to stand up on its own, adding to the usability, access, and gear protection. Combine this with the certifiably durable and water resistant CORDURA® fabric, the storm collar and cord closure, and removable rain cover and the Tanuck 40 earns it’s “Tough as Nails” nickname.
For easy travel, store your laptop in the back panel easy access laptop compartment and load up the adventure essentials with the MOLLE style webbing, front panel expansion pocket, and D-Ring attachment points. Pack your light stands, tripods, water bottles, and accessories in the side panel pockets and stabilize your load with the removable compression straps. If you’re on the move, the removable top lid clips into the shoulder strap mounted D-rings for a chest mount carry option and instant access to your camera, lenses, phone, batteries, and more. The camera and adventure pack also comes with a hydration bladder sleeve and exit port, dual density shoulder straps with load lifter suspension and increased comfort, an EVA framesheet and Airmesh back panel, and removable waist belt (waist belt compatible with Tanack 10 for lighter loads).
- Backpanel access laptop compartment (Fits most 17” screens)
- Quick release removable padded waistbelt (Interchangeable with Mountainsmith lumbar pack, TANACK 10, allowing storage of smaller waist pack inside TANUCK 40 for multiple carry options in the field while carrying only 1 waistbelt system to lighten your load and reduce bulk)
- Removable top lid clips into shoulder strap mounted D-Rings for chest mount camera carry for instant access while active and mobile
- Side panel MOLLE style webbing for custom accessory attachments
- Side compression straps w/ D-Ring attachment points
- Three removable compression straps for accessory carry and load stabilization
- Removable rain cover in zippered base panel pocket
- Interior hydration bladder sleeve with exit port
- Two side panel pockets fit water bottles, light stands, tripods, accessories, etc.
- Holds variety of Chris Burkard designed Mountainsmith Kit Cubes (sold separately) for customized and modular camera carry
- Haul bag style, weather-resistant base panel allows pack to stand up allowing increased usability and access
- Front panel expansion pocket with interior organization and cord closure
- Storm collar with cord closure
- EVA framesheet with Airmesh backpanel
- Dual density shoulder straps with load lifter suspension for on the go comfort
- Water resistant 5000mm PU fabric panels for extreme durability in the field
- 610d CORDURA® HP
- 630d Nylon Carbonate
- 210d Nylon Liner
- EVA & High Denisty PE Foam
- YKK® Zippers
- 23.5” x 15” x 13” (H x W x D)
- 2350 in3 / 38.5 L
- 3630 in3 / 59.5 L (Extended)
- Up to 50 lbs / 22.7 kgs
- 5 lb 5 oz / 2.4 kg